Peanut butter equals the best gold in the world to me. Especially the peanut butter from De Pindakaaswinkel in Amsterdam. Damn.. But because I’m currently on a mini cut I can’t eat that much peanut butter anymore. So I came up with a snack that fulfills my needs and keeps me sane. Check it out:
COVER IT IN PEANUT BUTTER
Everything is just better with peanut butter. Yes, I know. I said that out loud. Every dish, every meal.. It gets better if you put some solid peanut butter on it.
I do have a strong preference to what brand of peanut butter I eat. My peanut butter is from De Pindakaaswinkel – aka the Peanut Butter Store. It’s a store that’s based in Amsterdam and sells the best peanut butter flavors ever.
What flavor I used for these ‘healthy’ PB dates?
The sport version. The sport has protein powder inside the peanut butter. Other favorite flavors of mine from De Pindakaaswinkel are salted caramel, coconut, white chocolate and date-cinnamon. These are all winners to me and definitely worth trying.
DATE AND PB = LOVE
Is this a low calorie snack?
Not a super low calorie snack. It’s high in (fruit) sugars and fats, but if you’re craving something sweet this is the perfect option for you. I do have a big sweet tooth and I’m really aware of that. So for me this is a good option if I crave sweet things. How many calories does 1 date with peanut butter have?
1 DATE WITH PB
- 7 GRAMS OF (SPORT) PEANUT BUTTER = 42 CALORIES
- 1 DATE (12 GRAMS) = 38 CALORIES
- TOTAAL CALORIES = 80 CALORIES
But by eating 1 of these dates my sweet tooth calmed down again. So instead of eating a whole Snickers bar or too much chocolate; this is my #sweettooth snack.
HOW I MADE IT?
- Buy a bag of dates at the supermarket
- Buy a jar of peanut butter – the more natural the better
- Place 5-6- dates on a plate and cut them open with a knife (BE CAREFUL)
- Grab a tablespoon and place a layer of peanut butter on the inside of all the dates
- Grab the date and squeeze it a bit until the gap is one
- Place the peanut butter dates in the freezer for 1-2 days
- Remove the dates 5-10 minutes in advance out of the freezer
- ANDDD.. READY TO EAT
I freaking LOVE eating frozen peanut butter dates. Why? Because it tastes EXACTLY like a Snickers bar. Or am I the only one who thinks that’s the exact same flavor? Tell me girls.
I also made a whole video of the snack prep –> want to see it? Click the link below