THE PERFECT EASTER BREAKFAST
Looking for an amazing delicious – and ‘low calorie’ – Easter breakfast? This can be your winner: the carrot cake oatmeal.
Say hi to this delicious oatmeal packed with loads of vitamins and veggies. Say what? Yes, I said veggies. You know… carrots 🙂 It’s super easy to make and very filling. The best part? By the time you ate breakfast, you already have your veggies in. How amazing is that?
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUY TO CREATE THE CARROT CAKE OATMEAL?
First of all you need to buy all the following ingredients at the grocery store:
- Fine oatmeal flakes (50 grams)
- Unsweetend almond milk (150 ml)
- Sliced carrots (the whole bag – 75 grams)
- Pear (1/2 pear)
- Peanut butter (1 tbsp)
- Cinnamon (2-3 tbsp)
- OOT Granola – or unsalted cashewnuts/ walnuts (I didn’t have that at home. If you choose the granola use 20-30 grams. If you choose the cashewnuts/walnuts: 7-8 pieces)
- Raisins (1-2 small handfuls)
- Salt (depends on your taste buds)
- Stevia drops vanilla (or any other flavour) – 2/3 drops
THE PREP STEPS
How to make this delicious bowl of carrot cake oats? First of all you need to collect a kitchen scale and a baking pan. After you collected it – and lined up all the ingredients – it’s time to start cooking.
TIME TO COOK
- Measure the oats (50 grams) and put it in the baking pan
- Put the unsweetend almond milk in the pan (150-200 ml)
- Stir until the oatmeal and the milk is mixed together
4. Add the carrot slices, the raisins and cinnamon to the pan
5. Keep stirring and mix everything together
6. Add half the pear while cooking
7. After you added the pear to the pan, keep continuing stirring. Don’t let the oatmeal burn – or stick to the bodem of the pan
8. Add 1-2 table spoons of peanut butter
9. Add salt if you prefer (I did add some salt. Not much, but a little)
10. After you added the peanut butter (and salt): you need to let all the ingredients cook for 1-2 minutes
11. Taste the carrot cake oatmeal: is it too salt? Add some stevia drops. I added 2-3 drops of the vanilla flavour, but caramel is also amazing with this meal
12. Taste again after you added the drops. The carrot cake needs to have that ‘sweet and salty’ flavour
13. And the last thing you need to do before you can eat it: add the OOT Granola – or cashewnuts/ walnuts. Depends on what you have in your home and what you prefer for taste. I love OOT Granola – it’s gluten free, yay – so I added the ‘crunchy nuts’ flavour to the dish