Welcome to the salted caramel pizookie party. Oh yes: a big, warm cookie stuffed with salted caramel and decorated with salted caramel. And sharing is caring, right? Of course I will tell you the recipe: check it out now:
SALTED CARAMEL TREAT FOR THE WIN
Oh yes, I love me some salted caramel. Since the last years ‘salted caramel treats’ are booming. And I couldn’t love it more. I got a few treats I love like crazy. If you didn’t try the salted caramel KitKat chunky yet, run to the store and buy it. You will thank me later. This treat beats every other ‘salted caramel’ treat for me.
So in honour of the salted caramel treats; I created this pizookie. A pizookie is a bigass cookie. It looks like a pizza. So that’s where the name is coming from. I created this pizookie in only 30 minutes – including baking in the oven. Easy does it, right?
WHAT’S IN THIS DELICIOUS PIZOOKIE?
What did I put in the salted caramel pizookie? Well, I will tell you. Here’s the grocery list – in case you want to make it yourself:
- Coconut flour (160 grams)
- Eggs (2 pieces)
- Baking powder (1 bag – 15 grams)
- Wbite sugar (100 grams)
- Butter (melted – 100 grams)
- Vanilla sugar (1 bag – 15 grams)
- Nutella (2-3 spoons)
- Salted caramel paste (2 spoons)
- M&M’s salted caramel (2-3 handfuls)
- KitKat salted caramel (2 bars)
HOW TO MAKE IT?
If you want to make the salted caramel pizookie you need to follow these steps. It’s not hard at all:
- Melt the butter in the microwave
- Grab a big bowl and add the white sugar to it
- Add the melted butter to the sugar and stir
- While stirring: add 2 eggs
- After it’s all mixed together well; add the coconut flour and stir again
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees
- Grab your pan and add 1 layer to the pan
- Put the salted caramel paste/ Nutella on top of the first layer. Spread it out well – and make sure it’s a thick layer of chocolate paste (if you like yourself some chocolate of course)
- Put another layer of cookie dough on top of the chocolate spread
- Put it in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool off for 5 minutes
- When it’s cooled off; sprinkle the M&M’s on top
- And if you want: add a KitKat salted caramel bar to the middle of the pizookie – just like I did
The only thing that’s left to do is EAT IT. The best part of baking this delicious treat. Cheers girls! Enjoy this delicious treat. I definitely loved it and I will make it for sure soon again, but of course a little bit different than I did now.
A pizookie never tasted this delicious. Fresh out the oven: warm and still doughie’. For the real salted caramel-lover.
Ps, if you want to see the full video of the ‘making of the salted caramel pizookie’ click on this video.You also get a free HIIT workout with it 🙂 Enjoy the vlog I made of the pizookie, powerhouses.
You can sprinkle everything you like on it; I tried both. And by both I mean peanut butter and Nutella. And I think the real winner to me was – surprisingly – peanut butter. The salted caramel and peanuts is a solid combination. But try it for yourself girls and let me know what team you are on: Team #peanutbuter or team #Nutella. Tag me in your treat by using the hashtag: #gowithIndi or follow me on Instagram: go with Indi