A delicious Australian treat is waiting FOR YOU. Yes, you heard me right. And this time it’s not ‘just’ a regular Australian treat.. No it’s a treat with a little summer wist. What it is? Check it out below:
THAT AMAZING AUSSIE TREAT FOR THE WIN
What I made last Saturday as a treat? Well.. I created a beautiful-looking-pinkish-Roady Road. A typical Australian chocolate treat. Chocolate? Yes, I prefer chocolate treats as you may have noticed #joke. There’s just chocolate running through my veins, I guess. And I don’t even mind.
Don’t let the amount of steps you need to follow discourage you. It’s not super complicated, but you need to have some time to prep it. In between the layers – you need 30 minutes of ‘resting’ time. So the layer can get solid in the fridge. The Rocky Road has 3 layers.. Yes, you can count it out loud.
HOW TO MAKE THE STRAWBERRY ROCKY ROAD?
First of all you need to buy all the ingredients showed above. Or at least if you want to make it just like I did. Of course you can always add a few of your favorite ingredients to the recipe, no worries. After you’ve bought all the ingredients it’s time to start the baking. So here we go..
HOW TO PREP LAYER 1 – THE BASE?
Once you’ve tasted the Rocky Road summer edition you will NOT regret the time you needed to create it. It will be so worth it. I enjoyed every single bite. For real.
INGREDIENTS LAYER 1: THE BASE
- 200 grams of cookies of choice. I used gluten free biscuits
- 150 grams of butter (not salted)
- 2-3 hands of peanuts – I chose the salted one’s
- 2 spoons of Nutella
How to make layer #1?
- Grab a big bowl and crumble the cookies into small pieces
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir
- Put the melted butter into the big bowl – mash it all together
- Put two spoons of Nutella in the big bowl it and stir it until it’s all mixed together
- Once it’s all mixed together put it in the fridge for 30 minutes
- The waiting game starts..
INGREDIENTS LAYER 2: STRAWBERRY-MARSHMALLOW SPREAD
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows – I bought mine at Kelly’s Expat store in Amsterdam. They do have a great collection of American/ English sweets
- 2 spoons of strawberry jello
- 2 spoons of condensed milk
How to make layer #2?
- Open the bag with marshmallows and put it in the pan
- Put it on the stove – not too high otherwise it will burn
- Let the marshmallows melt and add 2 spoons of condensed milk
- Stir it while it’s melting
- Keep stirring until it looks like the photo below
- Take the scale with the base out of the fridge and put the pink layer on top of the cookie layer
- Put it in the fridge again for 30 minutes
- In the meanwhile you will prepare layer 3
THE FINISHING TOUCH OF THE ROCKY ROAD SUMMER EDITION
How to prep this gorgeous-looking salted caramel- dark chocolate topping?
Well, I will explain it all. This topping was the real winner. Dang. The little chunks of brownie cookie dough on top were the real deal. I really recommend you trying to make at least this layer. The chocolate explosion in your mouth is REAL.
INGREDIENTS LAYER 3: THE SALTED CARAMEL- DARK CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 4 bars of dark chocolate (each bar is 100 grams)
- 1 bar of Milka caramel (100 gram also)
- 2 gluten free brownies (so good)
- 40 grams of butter
How to make layer #3?
- Put all your favorite chocolates in a bowl – I divided it into two bowls because that was easier for me. You need to microwave the chocolate; so keep that in mind when choosing a bowl
- Put a chunk of butter into the bowl(s)
- Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds
- Take it out and stir
- Put it back in the microwave again for 30 seconds
- Stir again
- If it’s all melted and looking like the picture below; you can take out the scale filled with the cookie-, and marshmallow layer out of the fridge
- Pour the chocolate over the pink layer; spread it out with the back of a spoon
- Decorate the chocolate layer like you want: I chose to go for brownie cookie dough bites. Gosh, such a winner!
- Put it in the fridge for over +10 hours. Just take it out of the fridge 5-10 minutes before you’re planning on eating it.
GIRLS, ENJOY THIS CRAZY DELICIOUS AUSTRALIAN SUMMER TREAT
It was for sure one of the most delicious things I’ve ever baked in my life. If you give it a try and bake it yourself.. LET ME KNOW! Would love to see your creations. Tag me by using: #gowithIndi. Thank you, amazing powerhouses!