REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS: every peanut butter lover in the world knows the chocolate. So do I. And this time I made a whole treat special to honour this delicious sweet snack. Want to know what I created? Check it out below:
REESE’S LOVERS UNITE
Here am I. Standing with two delicous Reese’s treats I created last Saturday. And believe me when I say this was a party for my peanut butter-chocolate infused brain. This is some good soulfood. What did I create?
Side note: to make these two treats you need to buy a lot of groceries. Here’s a picture of all the products I needed to buy to make this Reese’s treat special come true. Such a sweet savage.
TREAT #1: THE REESE’S MILKSHAKE
To say the least the milkshake fell straight out of heaven. An ice cold Reese’s milkshake for a hot summer day. You just gotta love it. I had one minor thing I needed to fix: the whipcream was melting while I was taking photos. So after a few pictures for the Gram, I ate the whipcream and made a few more pictures without it on the milkshake. Just so you know.
For sure this was also one of the hardest treats to prepare. Why? Because it needed to be served ice cold, it needed to look good – but guess what; hot weather and ice cold food doesn’t fit the Dutch tropical weather – and I needed to do a lot of things at the same time. But well.. it turned out fine. So was pretty happy about that. So now.. Time to tell you how to make this delicious milkshake:
WHAT’S IN IT?
To make this delicious Reese’s milkshake I used the following ingredients:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup unsweetend almond milk
- 2 scoops of (vegan vanilla) protein powder
- 2 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 2-3 spoons of Reese’s peanut butter – any other peanut butter will do fine
- Half a jar of peanut butter flavoured ice cream (I used Oppo Brothers Vegan Peanut Butter flavour)
- For decorating the glass I used chocolate sauce and melted peanut butter to give it that little bit extra
HOW TO MAKE IT?
First of all: you need to have a blender that can crush ice. I did not have the best blender and I noticed it right away. So please use a good one:
- Put the frozen banana pieces in the blender
- Add the ice cream
- Add the almond milk to smoothen it
- Add the Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Add the protein powder
- Add the peanut butter
- MIX IT ALL TOGETHER
- After it is mixed you can decorate the glass and to keep it cool put it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes maximum
- Enjoy the delicious Reese’s ice cold milkshake, girls
TREAT #2: THE REESE’S COOKIE DOUGH BOWL
Say hello to this beauty of a cookie dough bowl. That Reese’s peanut butter on top looks delicious, right? Damn.. it makes me wanting this right away again. But well.. That’s not possible. Of course I will share the recipe of this Reese’s cookie dough bowl with you girls. So you can make it yourself if you feel like it. I will tell you what’s in it and how I prepped it:
WHAT’S IN IT?
To make this bowl you need a few key ingredients. Here’s the list:
- 400 grams of oatmeal
- 1/2 cup of almond milk/ milk
- 10-12 pieces of mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 2 bags of vanilla sugar
- 4 big spoons of (Reese’s) peanut butter
- A bag of cookies of choice
- 2-3 spoons of honey
- Cashewnuts + nutmix (as much as you want)
HOW TO MAKE IT?
To make a bowl like this you need to following this list of instructions:
- Grab a big bowl – a bowl where you can put all the ingredients in together
- Put the oatmeal in the bowl – and mix it with the milk
- Put honey and salt in the bowl and stir it well
- Put the smashed oatmeal in the blender with the nutmix
- Let it blend for a couple of seconds
- Add the peanut butter in the blender
- Add the (vanilla) sugar
- Let it blend for a while
- Take the mashed oatmeal out of the blender and put it back in the big bowl
- Add the Reese’s mini cups to the bowl – cut it in small pieces and stir
- Mash the cookies and stir it into the bowl also
- Last but not least: add a little bit more honey or salt if you feel like – put it from the big bowl into a smaller bowl where you can eat it from
- Place it in the fridge or freezer for a couple of minutes – I prefer mine cold – and you’re ready to attack the delicious Reese’s cookie dough bowl
Life’s better with a Reese’s bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other
And if you did make the Reese’s treats.. I hope you want to tag me on Instagram with the hashtag: #gowithIndi. I’m so super curious how many -literally – sweet followers I have that will recreate it.