Did you ever try a ‘patatje-kapsalon’? But were you pretty sad when you found out the amount of calories or the macros? I got ya. So I created a ‘healthy’ version of this delicious dish. Want to make it yourself? Check the recipe:
PULLED CHICKEN- SWEET POTATO- KAPSALON
Meet my version of a low calorie ‘kapsalon’. So delicious and also nutrient-dense. What do you want more of your weekend treat meal? Exactly. Nothing. I must say I tried my sweet potato fries- pulled chicken- goat cheese- kapsalon and it was THE BEST. It’s a keeper. So I’m sharing this awesome recipe with you:
WHAT IS A ‘KAPSALON’?
I’m pretty aware that a kapsalon is not something everyone knows. I don’t eat it that often because I don’t eat a lot of pork. Most of the time I eat chicken or vegetarian options like tofu or tempeh. Or fish. I love fish too. But to give you an insight of what’s inside a ‘normal kapsalon’; here we go.
Normally a ‘kapsalon’ is a dish with fries, a lot of meat, garlic sauce, a little bit of lettuce and you can add some tomato slices if you want. And that’s it.
What’s inside the ‘kapsalon a la Indi’?
I chose a few of my favorite nutrient-dense foods like sweet potato, goat cheese with honey and pulled chicken. And to this give this meal that little bit extra I put some creme fraiche on it. Not a lot, but just for the taste.
If you want to make it yourself; buy the following ingredients and put in the following amounts (for 1 person). If you want to make it for 2; double all the amounts:
- 150 grams of chicken; marinate the chicken in the pulled chicken sauce from Rosita’s
- 200 grams of sweet potato fries
- 1 slice of 48+ cheese
- 2 slices of honey goat cheese
- 2-3 tbsp of creme fraiche
- Salt & pepper (if you prefer it)
HOW TO BAKE IT?
- Pre-heat the oven on 180-200 degrees
- First bake the sweet potato fries in the oven – on 180 degrees for 20 minutes
- First cook the chicken in a pan and marinate it with the pulled chicken sauce – around 10-15 minutes
- Put a layer of sweet potato fries in the scale
- Put the chicken on top of the sweet potato fries
- Put a layer of cheese – and if you want goat cheese – over the chicken
- Put the scale(s) in the oven for 5-7 minutes
- Check every once in a while if everything’s going good 🙂
Once’s it’s all melted and has a little bit of a crisp; it’s done. The only thing you need to do is enjoying this meal to the max. That’s at least what I did. And if you tried it girls.. Let me know what you think of the meal.