The pumpkin season is almost there.. So time to celebrate it with a delicious pumpkin pie a la Indi. Curious what the recipe is? Click, click, click:
THE PUMPKIN PIE PARTY IN SUMMER
Oh yes: celebrating the last days of summer by baking a pumpkin pie.
Uh-oh. I don’t want the summer to end, but the reality is; it’s ending soon. I’m such a summer child. To prepare myself for the cold and dark days; here is your life saver: the salted caramel-marshmallow-pumpkin pie. Ideal for cold, rainy fall days.
Only I ate it when it was super sunny and hot outside. It doesn’t bother me. The same as hot weather when it’s Christmas. When the sun is shining I am such a happy kid. So cheers to the days filled with sunshine and pumpkin pies.
THE PUMPKIN PIE A LA INDI – ESSENTIALS
What I bought to make this pumpkin pie? Easy does it. I went to Kelly’s Expat store in Amsterdam and bought the typical English/ American products that are required. Unfortunately Kelly’s Expat store was out of crusts, so I visited my friends at the Juniors to buy a (pre baked) crust there.
WHAT TO BUY?
- A can of pumpkin pie mix (gluten free) – this was the big one (600 ml)
- Evaporated milk (you need 1/3 of the can)
- White sugar
- Eggs (3 pieces)
- If you want a spread: I used my pumpkin-cinnamon spread from the Lidl (so good)
These are the ingredients for the pie itself; if you want to top it just like I did. Buy the following products also:
- Tony Chocolonely salted caramel (1 bar)
- Caramel marshmallow fluff (1 used half the can)
HOW TO MAKE/BAKE IT?
- First take the crust out of the plastic
- Mix the pumpkin pie mix (the whole can) with the evaporated milk (1/3 of the can) in a big bowl
- When it’s well mixed: add the 3 eggs and stir again
- After that put the white sugar (around 150 grams) in the bowl and mix it again
- If you prefer add a few table spoons of the spread of choice into the mix. I used the pumpkin-cinnamon spread and added 3 table spoons
- When it’s all solid; put the mix inside the crust
- Put it in the oven for 15 minutes on 220 degrees
- After that bring the heat down (back to 160 degrees) and let it stay in the oven for appromiaxly 50-60 minutes
- Check it every once in a while; when you think it’s done, you take it out of the oven and let it cool off for 1-2 hours
After that you can decorate it how you want; I did it like this (pictured above). And yes: the salted caramel chocolate combined with the pumpkin pie and caramel marshmallow fluff.. GOLD. Such a great dessert to make when you have friends over for Thanksgiving. I know: better safe than sorry. Pumpkin pie in summer:
Break the standard, girls.
The only thing there’s left to do is: ENJOY THE PUMPKIN PIE AKA EAT. Eat, enjoy and share it with your loved ones. Surprise your friends and bake this. I really enjoyed it; I hope you will do the same, girls.
Until the next, x